Monday, September 28

When Hunger Strikes

MY SITUATION
It is 1.32 a.m. 
I am hungry, and my stomach is growling. 
I have no drinkable water.


MY PROBLEM
I try not to eat after 7 p.m. 
Even if I wanted to cook, the stove is out of order. 
And so is the kettle.


SOLUTION
Just eat - or else risk a sleepless night. 
Make a salad out of random stuff in the fridge. 
No need to drink after eating the salad - it is moist enough.


The Desperado Salad





You will need: 
2 tomatoes
1 cucumber
1/2 green bell pepper
4 crab sticks
A sizeable amount of light mayonnaise
1 tbsp white balsamic vinegar
Some oregano, marjoram, garlic granules, black pepper, and dried basil leaves
Salt and sugar to taste


Method: 
Easy. Wash all veggies. Dice. Put in bowl. Do the same with the crab sticks. Put in vinegar. Pour the mayonnaise until it coats everything nicely. Add zest with spices and salt and sugar. Enjoy.


Preparation time:
Depends on how fast you dice them raw ingredients. I took about 5 minutes to get it all done.

4 comments:

  1. wow when I saw this pic I thought it was a a featured recipe somewhere, I really want to be good at cooking on the spot with what ingredients I have, you have talent~ haha desperado!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOLxxx kris - when desperation strikes, desperate measures should be taken. and that includes this case rite here. no matter how good i am at cooking - but if say last nite i didnt have crabsticks and mayonnaise...id pretty much not do anything. just sit down and lament my misfortune i guess.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 5 minutes? You're awesome! How quick did you eat it all up? ;p

    ReplyDelete
  4. lolz...i took 30 minutes ++ ... coz was finishing some assignments while eating lolxx

    ReplyDelete